Wednesday, April 16, 2014

These chickens are such hams

I've been trying to get close-ups of the chickens, and I keep taking the most hilarious pictures!  I thought we were raising chickens, but they act like such hams in front of the camera!

Oneita follows my camera everywhere and stares it down.  You have no idea how many out-of-focus pictures I have of Oneita's face right up in front of the camera.  And she bobs her little head around so much, it's so hard to get a good picture of her!  But I got an amazing one of her earlier:


Now imagine her making that face at you and leaning in only a couple inches from your nose.  We've had some serious stare-downs recently.  Oneita does not back down.

Oneita is really entertaining, but Bernice takes the most beautiful pictures.  She's an amazing model.


I love the little wispy fuzz she has on the top of her head!  Soon she'll be covered in her adult feathers, so I'm enjoying the baby fuzz while it lasts.  Now look, she's getting mad at me for making fun of her hairdo:


Now look at Oneita and Bernice having a conversation on top of their fig branch:


I imagine they're saying, "Are you talkin' to me?  Are YOU talkin' to ME?!"

Here's Helen.  She doesn't look very happy about having her picture taken.


Here's Grace.  She's timid, but she's so sweet.  (Unlike Oneita.)


These girls are so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment