Saturday, July 20, 2013

Empty Nest

Noooo!!!  My baby birds are gone!!!  They finally left the nest today and I didn't even get to say goodbye.  I can hear them chirping in the trees outside the fence, but they won't show their little faces.  I saw mama bird, but she yelled at me to go away.  I hope they all survive their flight training and come back to visit us.  I left out the last of the mealworms so they can have a snack for the road.  Now the only baby I have left is my loud-mouthed beagle.

Here are the last couple pictures I took of the babies, and they don't really look like babies anymore.  They've inherited their mother's evil glare.


2 comments:

  1. Wow - you can clearly see that mama had a good fashion sense by the blue stripped curtains in her living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she does! But I don't really appreciate her decorating the "curtains" with bird poo.

    ReplyDelete