Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I grew my first banana pepper!

I went away for the weekend and my two largest banana peppers blew up!


This is the oldest banana pepper.  It's hard to tell the difference between the bell pepper buds and banana pepper buds in my older pictures, but I believe this banana pepper first opened its flower and started growing about 3 weeks ago.  Now it's about 3 and a half or 4 inches long.


 Since I've never grown banana peppers before, I'm not sure how long I should wait before I pick them.  Anyone know?


And here are my bell peppers!  They're still only about 2 inches long and the bottom one is growing crazy shaped.


2 comments:

  1. Snowmen in the summer, what what what!?!?!? Them 'maters are looking good! I can't wait until that snowman is in mah belly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, this was meant to be in the 'mater post. Damn you interwebz!

    ReplyDelete