Monday, September 10, 2012

My First Roma Tomato

I finally picked my first Roma tomato a few days ago!  As a reminder, let me show you its baby picture:


In my plant log, I note that Aug. 5 was the first time I noticed this baby tomato pop up, and this is the first picture of it from that day.  It might have gone unnoticed for a day or so, though.  I waited several weeks before I noticed any change in color, but then it start turning a different shade of green, then yellow, then orange, and finally red!  It turned a different color each day.  Here are the countdown photos:

Aug. 3 - starting to change color


Aug. 4 - turning yellow 


Aug. 5 - turning orange (exactly a month after the original picture)


Aug. 6 - almost completely red!


Aug. 7 - right before I picked my beautiful Roma off the plant.


And you can see how many more I have that should start changing colors in the next couple weeks!


I picked this Roma tomato on Aug. 7, about 33 days after the baby fruit was originally spotted on the plant.  It is about 2 1/2 inches long.  I haven't tasted it yet, but it looks delicious!  My green bell peppers are also 2 1/2 inches long right now, but I'm hoping those will keep growing.  Here's my most recent picture of the bell peppers:


1 comment:

  1. Those tomatoes are starting to look so delicious! You are a great gardener, I can't wait to feast the on some home made pizza with you!

    ReplyDelete